Causes of Spinal Stenosis:
These are some of the causes of spinal stenosis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Degenerative joint disease
- Tumors of the spine
- Paget’s disease
- Ossification (calcium deposits) of the spine ligaments
Symptoms of Spinal Stenosis:
These are some of the symptoms of spinal stenosis:
- Pain in the neck or back
- Muscle weakness
- Numbness, tingling and/or cramping of the arms or legs
- Pain radiating down to the legs
- Flexing the trunk or sitting usually relieves the symptoms
- Severe spinal stenosis patients may suffer from bladder and/or bowel problems
Spinal Stenosis Treatment:
In order to relieve spinal stenosis symptoms, we address the problem holistically and naturally, without medication.
We use the following approaches to relieve spinal stenosis symptoms:
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can decrease flexibility and add more pressure to the spine.
- Special exercise program to decrease pressure on the spine, strengthen the muscles, stabilize the spine and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Tissue inflammation and inability of the body to heal are common with spinal stenosis. Cold laser is used in order to decrease inflammation that causes pressure on the spine and the narrowing of the spinal canal.
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!