Hand Physical Therapy
Do you suffer from hand or wrist pain? Hand physical therapy is a program that focuses on hand and upper extremity rehabilitation that concentrates on relieving pain and restoring normal hand, wrist and arm function.
Hand Pain Conditions:
The following are some of the hand conditions that we treat:
- Tendon injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Repetitive strain injury
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Post-operative management
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- De Quervain’s syndrome
- Trigger finger
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Hand Physical Therapy Treatment:
Our doctors use ASTR to help relieve hand pain.
- ASTR Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR tools to release myofascial restriction, which is very common with hand injuries.
- Releasing muscle trigger points and hypertonicity: it is very common with any injury that the muscle starts to spasm or tighten as a protective mechanism. Using the ASTR maneuver, patients can experience relief from muscle hypertonicity.
- Special exercise program to strengthen the weak muscles and stretch the tight muscles.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: cold laser is a very valuable tool that speeds up the healing process and decreases soft tissue inflammation very quickly.